Masculine and Feminine Pronouns

Masculine and Feminine Pronouns

This article is a part of Structure 1.
Structure 1 is a set of basic grammar rules and the easiest grammar you can learn just right now. Click here to see all of Structure 1’s grammar rules.
Alright!
Do you have an idea about the masculine and feminine pronouns?
If you do, good. If you don’t, no worries, you will learn them in just a few seconds.
After you finish reading this article, I hope you could understand the idea of the masculine and feminine pronouns.
You should make sure that you use the masculine and feminine pronouns correctly.

Masculine Pronouns

The masculine pronouns in English are he, him and his.
We use the masculine pronouns to refer to a male living thing.

For instance, if I say the following sentence “My father is fishing. He is not eating”, I use “he” as the masculine pronoun, he in the second sentence because my father refers to a male person.

If we are talking about a child, a baby, and an animal, but we do not know what sex the child, baby, or animal is, we use the masculine pronouns (we could also use it).
The baby is sleeping. He sleeps for 12 hors everyday.


Feminine Pronouns

The feminine pronouns in English are she, her, and hers. 
We user the feminine pronouns to refer to a female living thing.

For instance, if I say the following sentece “My sister is buying a lot of books. She loves reading.”, I use the feminine pronoun she in the second sentence because my sister refers to a female person.